- This event has passed.
Canceled: Opening, Maintaining, and Closing a Psychology Practice: Ethical and Practical Considerations
March 20 @ 12:00 pm - 4:30 pm
THIS EVENT HAS BEEN CANCELED
A 4-hour workshop March 20, 2020
Dennis O’Grady, Psy.D., Ann Poortinga, M.S., Nicole Blust, Psy.D. and special guests from
the Ohio Psychological Association, Jim Broyles, Ph.D. and Michael Ranney, MPA
This workshop will focus on the healthy life cycle of a private psychology practice. An active discussion panel approach will be utilized. It will focus on:
- Practical, ethical and legal aspects of opening a practice.
- Maintaining a practice which includes marketing, billing, credentialing, social media, signing leases, etc. and thriving in a managed care world.
- How to proactively avoid common ethical concerns and dilemmas.
- Key items to consider in transferring, selling or closing a practice.
- Attendees will learn about the ins and outs of bringing new therapists into a private group practice, from the beginning of the hiring process through their first year with a practice.
- Attendees will become familiar with the importance of new hire paperwork, credentialing, billing setup, and quality assurance as well as mentorship.
- Attendees will be able to identify best practices for therapist retention for a successful group practice.
- Attendees will understand how to tap into adjacent markets based on your psychological skills to diversify your income stream.
- Attendees will know how to use the power of books, training manuals, blogs, podcasts, marital therapy and coaching to work profitably within companies.
- Attendees will know about the use of mentoring feedback to ensure self-care, avoid burnout, and be mindful of top ethical professional standards.
When: Friday, March 20, 2020, 12:00 – 4:15 pm.
C.E.U. Credit & Cost: 4 hours of ethics/cultural competency CEUs for attendance. Free for DAPA members and students with identification. $65 for non-DAPA members, payable at the workshop by credit card, check or cash.
Workshop Reservations: Call Ashlee at 937-428-0724 or email her at email@example.com by Tuesday, March 17, 2019.
Where: WSU School of Professional Psychology Ellis Institute at West Third St. and Edwin C. Moses Blvd, Dayton Ohio.
DAPA is an Ohio Psychological Association MCE Program provider for psychologists.
DAPA is responsible for the program.