by Chelsey Mahler, Psy.D.
It’s that time of year again – time to renew your annual membership in order to continue to receive the many benefits of being a member of the Dayton Area Psychological Association. Just to remind you, if you have not yet renewed, here are some valuable ways that DAPA membership can continue to benefit you.
• Attendance is FREE for members at most DAPA workshops, at least four per year of 3 CEUs or more each. That means you can easily earn 12 CEUs per year by attending our conveniently accessible workshops. During the time of COVID-19, we are offering these workshops virtually for your convenience and safety. We include at least one workshop per year that fulfills Ohio psychologists’ four hours of ethics/diversity requirements. Thus, as a registered DAPA member who attends all of our seminars, you can earn all of your required CEUs for the biennium!
• Our programs also provide a unique opportunity to socialize and network with your area colleagues, which is not often easy to find in our busy work lives, particularly for those in solo practices! Members gain the professional advantage of sharing information about one another’s specialties, research, and programs as well as an opportunity to build personal connections with one another.
• DAPA members receive the wonderful newsletter, you are currently reading, The Miami Valley Psychologist, for no additional cost, either via email or US postal service (your preference), which details our upcoming CEU workshop offerings, other DAPA events, recent OPA news, local member profiles, and other newsworthy items related to our profession, such as important legislative changes. We also allow members to place advertisements in our newsletter for FREE, such as offerings for therapeutic groups, announcements of open positions or available office space at one’s practice.
• We are particularly proud of the DAPA interactive website (www.daytonpsych.org), which features a chance to list your psychology practice and can filter the search by specialty areas so that colleagues and potential clients can find you and expedite appropriate referrals. This valuable service is provided for no extra charge with your DAPA membership!
• DAPA is continuing to grow and expand our involvement in the Dayton area community via various outreach activities. Last year we attended and supported a charitable walk for suicide prevention. We also donated funds to local c organizations in light of charity events being canceled due to the pandemic.
Considering all of these advantages, our membership fee of only $65 (and just $10 for Affiliates/Students) is a tremendous bargain! Our members receive more benefits and for a lower fee than do those in the other Ohio regional psychology associations. I hope you will renew your membership immediately and continue to receive these benefits of your membership with the Dayton Area Psychological Association. Please do not delay and complete the membership form on our website at https://www.daytonpsych.org/join-renew-dapa/ You can either pay with a credit card using PayPal on our website or by check and mail to the following address: DAPA, PO Box 751881, Dayton, Ohio 45475-1881.